Monday 21 May 2012

Sometimes filmmaking can be pleasant...

In regard to my film project, filming went surprisingly well, we didn't really encounter any huge problems. There was a small issue regarding colour noise but after some investigation and changing settings it didn't prove too much of a problem. Overall filming went quickly and efficiently, which provided alot of time for editing.

Editing went well, because I had a lot of time to edit I was able to experiment with the film a lot more which I feel helped improve the film. There were a few un-planned alterations that resulted from post-production experimentation, but the main one I feel was the addition of atmospheric music, which I stubbled across while searching from appropriate sound effects. After adding them to the film, I feel  it improved the film greatly and added a strange and apropreate atmosphere.

After the initial edit was finished I showed Dan, he gave some pointers and advise, the main one about possibly re-recording some of the sound. I thought this was a good suggestion and re-recorded some oif the dialogue. Some was useful and some was better on the orginal footage.

I did encounter the problem of wanting to over edit the film, of feeling the need to improve it when it doesn't really need it, however after some feedback and some time away from the film I feel that this is certainly something I can be proud of.

I did however encounter some problems with exporting which I will try to resolve, I may talk to Stu about it but hopefully I won't need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment