Sunday 20 May 2012

Of ambition and second-drafts...

I'm sorry for not posting in a while, I've been preoccupied with writing, filming and editing so much so that this blog slipped my mind. With this in mind I think summing up what I have been up to and what has happened with the film project is in order.

As I have stated previously in the blog, I am using this as the research for two projects, my context essay and my film project. Because both are on the same subject, one leading into the other, I saw no reason to make two identical blogs on the same subject.

I have written and completed and handed in the essay, and am rather pleased with it. Following this I wrote the script for the film project, based on the conclusions I came to in the essay, in regard to how to represent my chosen political ideologies. It followed to story of four characters, each representing one of the ideologies and explores how each of them thinks, acts and interact with one another.

Although I was happy with the script I felt it was a little too ambitious and over all could do with a second draft. I was at this time that during a conversation with my friend Isaac that the idea of presenting the film from the perspective of the Librarian character a rose. Presenting the film from the perspective of a character who is slipping in and out of consciousness not only fitted in with the visual style that I wanted to use but also created a unique take on the story and ultimately a very interesting film, in my opinion. I wrote a second draft that was shorter, streamlined and presented form the first perspective and prepared for filming. Upon reflection I am certain that the film is much better since the second draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment