Saturday 18 February 2012

In my unbiased opinion...

For this Project I wish to explore representing political ideologies as characters and using this to examine them in depth, the ideologies I will be examining are Capitalism, Communism, Fascism and Anarchism.

Firstly, I will need to understand these ideologies, what are their goals? what are their reason for following this ideology? and how does it work out when put into practice? I don't want to make a biased and one sided argument, for me the key to this project is to gain a balenced view of these ideologies and examine them from a neutral  and objective stand point. I know that in some cases, such as Fascism, it will be hard to not take a biased view towards it, but I want to understand why someone who supports Fascism would do so, why would they see this political system as right etc. equally I do not wish to support these ideologies either, I simply wish to examine them, I want to know the pros and cons of these political systems.

I have begun to look into Capitalism, by viewing a number of documentaries about capitalism and the financial crisis. Although these documentaries are informative, they are very much against capitalism and so It is hard to gain an unbiased perspective and the view point of those support capitalism. I'm considering whether looking into Ayn Rand would be relevant or not.

Overall I am looking forward to understanding these ideologies and I'm very aware that this topic requires alot of research. This project should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment